Tired of taxis? Wait no more with Lyft, the pink-mustache’d private car service that you can order at the touch of a button. It’s currently only available in major U.S. cities, but is expanding all the time. Call a driver to your exact location even if you don’t know the address, and you’ll be able to track him or her as the car gets close to where you are. Drivers undergo background checks as well as DMV tests to ensure safety comes first. Rate your experience after getting dropped off to keep just the best drivers on the road. Discount codes are generally available for first-time passengers, so do some poking around for one and give it a whirl.
Our app is cheaper than a taxi, faster than the bus, and easy to use.
• Getting Started: After downloading Lyft and signing up, simply open the app and request a ride.
• Paying: Never worry about having cash for a cab or the bus again — with Lyft, you pay through your phone. It’s easy, fast, and secure.
• Split the Cost: Easily split the cost of a ride with friends through the app. No more IOU’s.
About Our Drivers
• All Lyft drivers pass comprehensive background and DMV checks before being approved for the service.
• Drivers are rated by passengers and only the highest-rated drivers are allowed on the road.
• Lyft provides a first-of-its-kind $1M liability insurance for total peace of mind.
Editors Notes:I use Lyft almost exclusively now. Service is on par and often better than Uber. Lyft Line makes cab rides affordable and they have enough cars in Manhattan that you rarely have to wait for your cab to arrive.
Editors is lazy not tested it