This highly engaging, educational app uses your location and augmented reality to overlay your view of the sky onto your camera view. Take your device outside, stare up at the heavens, and SkyView will show you precisely what stars and planets you’re looking at.
This app is a beautifully simple way of stargazing, making great use of your device’s camera. A great way for kids and adults alike to learn and share with others (via social media).
Planets, constellations and satellites are magnified so you can “see” where they are, day or night. Tapping on objects allows you to read numerous facts (mostly from Wikipedia) about them and track their movement through the sky over the next 24 hours.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
You can also search for objects that are above the horizon and jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times. The app will ask permission for your location, or you can enter your location manually.