9/10 “an almost perfect calendar” – Softonic, September 2013
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions between day, week and month view
● 48 colors per calendar,
● per-event colors (if supported by the event’s calendar)
● flexible recurrences
● year view
● birthdays from your contacts (or without contacts)
● Fullscreen widgets for all 3 views plus floating 7 days
● uses Android’s native calendar backend and synchronization
● moon phases
● QR and NFC barcode sharing of events
● no ads
EXTRA FEATURES only in aCalendar+
With aCalendar+ you get a dozen of extra features including more views, advanced settings, Tasks, more color themes and public holidays.
Also you’ll find business-oriented features like invitations, free/busy settings and sharing as text or file.
Finally your purchase helps protect the habitat of the endangered Mountain Tapir as we donate 10% of all revenue to rainforest conservation through our friends at World Land Trust
● move forward and backward by swiping vertically or volume rocker
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open event
● long-press to add new event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● tap on photo to open quick contact menu
● 3-finger-tap to go to today
native language support for around 30 languages. Those are mostly user-contributed, please contact me if there is a bad translation or you’d like your language added!
aCalendar only asks for mandatory permissions for its functionality: Read and write contact data for birthdays as well as read and write calendar data for events. ‘Send Email to guests’ is bound to ‘write calendar data’ by Google. NFC is for sharing events by touching another NFC-enabled phone, and requires manual confirmation.
Editors is lazy not tested it