Open Camera Description
Awesome. Love the guidelines and features. Here we provide Open Camera V 1.42 for Android 4.0.3++ Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for Android phones and tablets. Features:
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Expose your camera's functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch.
* Video recording (including HD, and taking photos while recording video).
* Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command "cheese".
* Configurable volume keys.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for "screen flash".
* Support for (quiet a few) external microphones.
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
* Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; manual white balance temperature; RAW (DNG) files.
* Dynamic range optimisation mode.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
Really nice feature set. Is able to use most of the available API features. Best part is being open source. But couldn't do what I took it for. Please try to include 60fps (720p) support for Nokia 6. [The default camera app can do it but converts it to 1/2x slow motion footage, which means it should be possible] (using camera 2 API, it will still output 30 fps while debug info shows 60fps)Thank you
Download Open Camera APK File
- Price: Free
- Downloads: 10
- Requires: Android 4.0.3 and up
- File Name: Open Camera.apk
- Updated: December 11, 2017
- File Size: 1.8 MB
DISCLAIMER: Open Camera is the property and trademark from , all rights reserved by Click on the above link to proceed to the apk file download page or app buy page.
What's New in Open Camera
- Application shortcuts (requires Android 7.1).Face detection now supports accessibility services (e.g., Google Talkback).Expo images now saved with suffix "_0" etc, instead of "_EXP0" etc. This means Google Photos knows to group the images together.Fixed bug since 1.41 where if camera failed to open, it wasn't possible to switch to other cameras."Show angle" no longer enabled by default.Performance improvements and other bug fixes.